Sunday, January 25, 2009

an australian sunset



How amazing is this sunset I almost missed!

I was baking in the kitchen and glimpsed out the window and caught the end of the most gorgeous purples and pinks setting in the distance.

Now being the long weekend I cant quite remember if it was yesterday or the day before, but really it doesn't matter, long weekends will do that to you.

I don't think it gets much more Australian then the palm trees and the power lines, the neighbours having a barbecue and the sound of a lawn mower in the distance do you?

8 comments:

  1. I think it was last night (Saturday night). I was driving from Gumdale into the city at around 6.30pm and saw these same colours. Absolutely gorgeous, I agree!
    Palm trees, power lines, bbq and lawn mower - nothing more Australian than that!
    HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!!!!!!!!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely, lovely
    a bit Scott Redford? (those fluoro colours)
    I can smell the dusk air!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh the lawn mowers get me everytime. Remind me of hot,sticky, afternoons of my childhood. Yes, don't we have spectacular sunsets! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photo! I wish my back yard sounded like that, I just have barking dogs, drunken teenage guys yelling all day long, and a few apartments trying to play their terrible music louder than everyone else. Such are the joys of apartment living! At least I can always just go to the beach instead! :D

    Happy Australia Day!

    xx Kit

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right, you've captured it perfectly. There is a photo in my baby photo album of the sunset the night I was born, taken by my father who has always been quite 'handy with the camera'. The colours are the same. Happy Australia day bella xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so stunning! I want to shut my eyes and open them and instantly be there! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo Alischa! The only thing missing from your truly Australian setting is the "Hills Hoist" clothes-line.

    ReplyDelete

We adore your comments, please do say hello!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP