Monday, April 6, 2009

I think I need some finches


Sweet possums how was your weekend? I had a glorious time shopping with my most sweetest friend for bridesmaid dresses. I simply adore the midnight navy she has chosen, so striking and elegant. Maybe it will become my new favourite colour... after white of course...

Onto totally random news, I have been thinking about our garden of late. This is the year of our yet to be started massive outdoor renovation. Recently while we were in Tasmania out the front of one of our many antique shops we found, I fell in love with an avery full of the sweetest little finches. Inside the avery, three of the little muffins were all cuddled up together on a perk having a little sleep. It was simply so gorgeous, I wish I had been able to take a photo to show you. It has reminded me how much I adore little birds, such the sweet little things.

Watching these finches remind me of my mum. Growing up we had a family holiday farm down at the Snowy Mountains in NSW. I remember my mum spotting the cutest little finches down at the farm, in the midst of the winter snow. It would have been such a striking view, but of course, at the time as a child I am sure I was far more excited about the snow then the birds. But it is funny how much we grow up to be just like our mothers. Lucky she is a gorgeously fabulous woman - so there is still hope for me yet.

So now, I am wondering, that maybe as part of our massive outdoor renovation I could convince my husband that we need a finch avery in the backyard. What do you think? It would have to be white with black trimming, full of queenslander style, surrounded by palms and bamboo. Oh and match the house of course. That's not asking for too much is it?

Image via Flickr

6 comments:

  1. Little birds are just so adorable!

    My favourite are little blue wrens. With their puff ball body and long, twitching tail they are just too cute. And the way they flit around so you can NEVER get a decent photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finches are such cute little characters. We have some that visit our yard everyday - they're even tinier than the fairywrens! I drew one of them recently but I've already forgotten what they are called. But, they are mostly black and white so they'd match your avery too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for reminding me of those most gorgeous little finches! Oh how lucky am I? Look how quickly you have turned into your mother - finches, gardens, Tasmania and all things beautiful! Yes, you have indeed inherited your mothers genes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, will have to add it to the list of things to find a spot for in your still mentally evolving garden plan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just discovered you guys and LOVE your work.
    Hope you like the post :)
    http://www.studiohomecreative.com/2009/04/letterpress-loving.html

    Cheers,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous gorgeous shot Alischa!!!! Perfect for the autumn coolness that has descended upon us today :)

    ReplyDelete

We adore your comments, please do say hello!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP