Friday, October 9, 2009

"geraldine & walter in love" by chrissy lau



Today we are featuring the sweetest illustration "Geraldine & Walter In Love" by Chrissy Lau. How could you not possibly fall in love with these two adorable lovebirds who have found each other and are soulmates destined for a beautiful life together. Oh my, we are totally smitten.

Name: Chrissy Lau
Location: Sydney, Australia - originally from England
Age: 24
About Chrissy: Hailing from England Chrissy loves a good cuppa, scones with jam & cream and penny sweets! She now lives in Sydney, Australia and draws ink-filled illustrations from her imagination powered by the sunshine, laughing with loved ones and her Chinese heritage. Above all her illustrations aim to bring a smile to your face and put a little skip in your heart.
My Illustration is about eternal love, whether it is for a partner, family or friends that are close to you (cheesy as it sounds!). I have probably become a lot more sentimental since I have moved from England and miss a lot of people close to me. The illustration will hopefully make you smile and remind you of someone close. There is no right or wrong interpretation of the illustration; it is left to the viewer to decipher. There doesn’t have to be a deep and meaningful so long as it intrigues you and makes you stare at it.
I love being an illustrator because it is something I have done since I can remember. It is simply a natural part of me. It is exciting to take on a challenge when a client asks you to interpret their thoughts into drawings. I think it helps strengthen your imagination and communication. I really enjoy showing people my work and gauging their reactions. It doesn’t matter if you can’t speak the same language, a picture can paint a thousand words. I really enjoy drawing because you can pass on your skills to those who believe they can’t draw. I always say there is no right or wrong when you draw, you just have to let loose and let your imagination go wild. I have managed to open up the artist in my boyfriend which is a pleasure to see. Now if only he could return the favour and make me into a musician like him!
What type of subject matter do you usually illustrate People, birds, characters, animals, tea cups- anything that is cute and quirky.
Any claims to fame I was featured in Yen Magazine's 2008 book of the world's top 100 female artists - CURVY 5
I am excited about this project because it is a fantastic opportunity to showcase my work amongst some extremely talented artists and gain a greater captive audience. The printing process itself is so captivating and different to anything I have seen before; it just makes the whole experience all the more intriguing. I am flattered and grateful to be part of this project because it has been so pleasurable to illustrate for Bespoke Letterpress. The whole project has a sense of personal touch to it which I adore.

If you love Chrissys print "Geraldine & Walter In Love" it is available through our online store as a limited edition signed and numbered print for $65.00. Each print also also comes with the illustrators story and information behind the print. Enter the code SALE to receive 10% off store wide until the 16th of October.

Dont forget to entire our Giveaway of all Giveaways where you can win not only Becs gorgeous print, but our entire bespoke illustrators project of 10 prints. More info can be foundhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We adore your comments, please do say hello!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP