Friday, November 28, 2008

preparing for christmas


We are feeling the christmas cheer here at Bespoke already.

Despite the fact that my husband and I have lived together for 6 years and been married for 4, we have never actually had our very own christmas tree. Shocking I know.

A fter so many years of treelessness I tried in earnest last year and headed down to Myer in early October - only to be told that the most gorgeous tree they stocked had sold out. Now I just couldn't then buy any old tree, my heart and soul was sold on the great big Myer special tree. It seems I wasn't the only one who was missing out as not only had ALL the stores sold out, but their supplier was out of stock too. Bummer. It was yet another sad treeless year again.

So this year I was determined, the day that the christmas stock came in store in September I would be the first one in (Quite clearly I have obsessed over this since last year). So off I go, into Myer, it was even 25% off an all, so it was bound to be a beautiful day.

And what do you know, sold out! Sold out in the first day they are stocked. Oh my, I think I swore, it wasnt even lunchtime yet! Thankfully they did track one down for me, Phew. So now after a little holiday at Layby the tree is now at home, upright, and taking up far more room then it should. But my heart is mended, we will this year have christmas. Finally.


And in the spirit of the festive season to come, here is a sneak peak of a christmas card we have been working on here at Bespoke. Quite clearly with 4 weeks to christmas and our online store not yet open, we are being all organised and getting ready for next year!

6 comments:

  1. You are not alone. I was just as obsessed with a tree that I was stalking in Target... a gorgeous tall one with beautiful fir tips. I chased down every Target in Australia until I got one, had 2 littlies in the car while I struggled with this enormous box in parcel pickup. It was worth it. I know we will have it forever.
    Beautiful Christmas card. You could set up a Paypal account and sell/invoice via your blog until your website is set up. I could be your first customer! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you finally found your tree!! You are organised getting xmas designs done for last year - I saw never too early, this time of year is nuts!!! Love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely story of your first Christmas tree.

    Love your Christmas card design, I can't wait to hear all about your online shop! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful chrissy card...
    and good luck with your new business
    thats really exciting for you.

    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi

    There are so many people are preparing for christmas in this month.

    ReplyDelete

We adore your comments, please do say hello!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP