Monday, November 3, 2008

a summer garden


It has only just dawned on me that November has arrived, summer is almost here and I hadn't even noticed. I feel giddy with excitement, so much so that late on Friday night I decided that we must have a summer garden, and we must do it on the weekend.

Now our previous front garden had been untouched since last August. One and a quarter years worth of weeds and grass had taken over and it really wasnt a pretty sight. Now I had been able to overlook this wee problem for the last six months whilst our house had that boarded up abandoned look after the small incident with the car that crashed through our house situation.

Now thankfully months and months later renovation work is complete, we have a new garage and the house has started to be painted a lovely stone white colour. Things are starting to come together and the weeds just arent a part of the new plan.

So saturday afternoon saw us outside ripping out weeds and grass and dead old plants with avengence. It was blowing a gale, a storm was rolling in and it wasnt really ideal gardening weather - but I was determined - it had to go!

One and a half full wheelie bins later, a wee incident with a small snake which had made its home in the weeds, and bunnings entire collection of white Dahlia bulbs later, im feeling optimistic - This summer I will have a garden. Please God, just make it grow!

Image via Flickr

2 comments:

  1. It sounds so lovely ....and you are so determined....that it will grow! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I think I need some of your motivation! We were ridding our yard of a strangler vine that had taken over, and I just haven't had the urge to get back out there.

    I wonder if I could grow Dahlias without killing them...

    It sounds like your yard will be lovely! And here's to hoping you don't have any more run-ins with snakes. I'm still trying to get rid of the "Brown Snakes Welcome" that we apparently have up somewhere!

    ReplyDelete

We adore your comments, please do say hello!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP