Wednesday, November 12, 2008

David Austen Roses


We are currently developing some inspiration for a gorgeous wedding couple who are having a divine vintage elegance theme. While we have been researching I have been reminded about how much I adore David Austen Roses. I love their intensity, tighly packed buds and gorgeous soft colours. But most of all I love how much they remind me of my dear mum.

Several years ago soon after my husband and I married we moved into a cottage on my parents acerage back in NSW. My mum a keen and beautiful gardener grows divine David Austen Roses and over the summertime I would walk between our two properties collecting these gorgeous flowers along the way. I would arrange them in pretty vases and give them to my gorgeous mother and lovely sisters... Such beautiful memories, how I miss those roses!

Image via David Austen

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blog you have here - so happy to have found you.

    My mother loves David Austen roses as well. I bought one for my tiny balcony (a creamy yellow with a light, lemony fragrance) and the sweet little thing is still blooming its heart out halfway to winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an absolutely gorgeous bouquet! xo

    ReplyDelete

We adore your comments, please do say hello!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP