Saturday, July 19, 2008

Chocolate, pistachio & orange cookies


I have always liked to bake.

As a kid my favourite thing to cook was chocolate chip cookies and I must admit, I really don't think I ever grew out of it! Today I decided to tweak the tried and tested recipe and added in some extra ingredients for a more grown up version - one orange and a bag of chopped pistachios later, i think I might be converted!

Chocolate, Orange & Pistachio Cookies
125g Butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 Self Raising flour
3/4 cup chopped chocolate
rind of one orange
1/2 cup chopped pistachios

Cream together butter, sugars, orange rind & vanilla
Add beaten egg gradually
Mix in sifted flour
Add chocolate & pistachios, mix well
Bake at 180' for 10 - 12 minutes.

Delicious!

3 comments:

  1. Yum Yum- I cant wait to get Home to try out your cookies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey those biscuits were better in real life- Tasted better than they looked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have to know where that teacup is from!!!

    ReplyDelete

We adore your comments, please do say hello!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP