Monday, June 1, 2009

a little day trip






How was your weekend my sweets? I treated myself to a day out of the studio yesterday and went on a little road trip. Just me and the car and some very bad 80's music really.

I headed out to a little village west of Brisbane called Dayboro. A little place I had never heard of until I saw they were having a good old country festival complete with affordable antique sales. I was sold, the perfect place for a lazy sunday drive.

It was all so very quaint, I bought tea cakes from the granny's who had spent the last week baking. I indulged in my love of gorgeous old tea cups, silverware and antique loveliness. I admired the cute little barn animals and then bought a mountain of antique hand made doilies - at 50 cents each, how could I not!

Such a gorgeous atmosphere, and so lovely to have a day out and about and soak up some country atmosphere - complete with the days highlight of the Dayboro Day Pineapple Pie eating contest... oh my, I bet they had sore bellys afterwards!

12 comments:

  1. Oooh, we were there too! My treasure was a gorgeous vintage rose brooch and some homemade chocolate fudge... mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am suffering jealousy over those doilies. Devine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I so wish I was there! Those tea cups look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREETINGS TO YOU IN BRISSIE, FROM SAN FRANCISCO.

    So glad you are my blog friend.

    I love your stationery and the weddings you enhance.

    Ilana and Benjamin--a glorious wedding, and she was carrying the most beautiful bouquet ever, all palest pink peonies, very full and romantic. How lovely.

    Great good luck with your printing. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love nothing more than a day out in the country, I only wish I knew it was on, love those teacups.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK I am definitely going to the next one. Do you know how often they have the festivals? I remember as a kid we used to go out to Samford for the markets - it felt like a million miles away but we always loved those day trips. Call me next time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, your photos are lovely. And your letterpress shop is marvelous. My hubby and I are letterpress lovers trying to get our print studio started and you are definitely an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohh that sounds like a delightful adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I grew up at Samford and had heaps of friends who lived at Dayboro, gee i wish i had been there. You found some lovely things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, you had me at the floral china.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pictures of the teacups are divine!

    Besos!

    ReplyDelete

We adore your comments, please do say hello!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP