Not being one to love easter eggs that much, this Easter I have chosen to bake sweet treaties for gifts instead. The cupcake of choice this year is lemon & passionfruit cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and home grown passionfruit. Delicious - Enjoy!
90g softened butter
90g softened cream cheese
grated lemon rind + juice of 2 lemons
2/3 cup castor sugar
2/3 cup self-raising flour
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160'C
2. Line a 12 cupcake pan, with cupcake papers.
3. Beat the butter, cheese, lemon rind, sugar and eggs until smooth and creamy.
4. Add sifted flour gradually to the cheese mixture and beat on a low speed, until just combined.
5. Divide the mixture evenly between the cake cases.
6. Bake for 25 minutes until firm to touch.
125g softened cream cheese
1/8 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 & 1/2 cups icing sugar mixture
¼ cup passionfruit pulp
1. Combine cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a small bowl.
2. Using an electric mixture beat until smooth. Add the icing sugar mixture and beat until smooth.
3. Reduce speed and add passionfruit.
4. Spread over cooled cupcakes.
For best results with frosting, place your mixing bowl and beaters in fridge for an hour before use. This will keep your frosting thick and stop it from melting. Also avoid using hot melted butter, and keep your cream cheese and passionfruit in fridge prior to use.